Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Snickers Cheese cake bars



Snickers bar... nougat topped with caramel and peanuts en-robed with milk chocolate...  imagine this inside a rich creamy cheese cake with a oreo bottom crust. This is the treat to give yourself are a hard day of workout.. not like I am having much recently.. too busy cooking and baking!!

Was surfing the net when I came across recipes for snicker cheesecake and I thought to myself "I am so going to make this one day" and so here we are.. my creation and take on the snicker cheesecake cut into little bite sizes pieces... the end result?? I can help but pop one after another into my mouth.. haha...


Recipes

Crust

2              Packs of oreo cookies (cream remove)
50g          Butter (melted)

  • Preheat oven to 180 degree C
  • Line the bottom of a 7 inch round or square baking tin with greaseproof paper
  • Blend the cookies in a food processor with the melted butter
  • Press the crumbs into the baking tin
  • Bake for 10 minutes



Filling

400g           Cream cheese
1                  Egg
1/4 cup      Castor sugar
8                  Mini Snickers bar chopped into small pieces (add more if you like)
2 tsp            Vanilla extract

  • Cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together in a stand mixer until well mixer
  • Fold in the snicker bar
  • Pour cheese mixture onto the crust
  • Bake for 20 to 25 min
  • Set aside to cool then place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight
  • Remove and cut into square cubes 






No comments:

Post a Comment